Posts Tagged ‘Fur’
I’m getting over a 24-hour stomach flu and the only thing that is making me feel better is the thought of owning this jacket. I was at the Grove this weekend to see 500 Days of Summer with my honey and we stopped by Barneys Co-Op to check out what new Phillip Lim they had. DIE! I must have this jacket. I had seen it online but images don’t do it justice. It is perfect in person.
Who has the money to buy me this? Please.
Yesterday was the last day of the Renaissance Pleasure Faire and my friend Natalie and I made a pact that we would go this year. My long-time boyfriend had never been so he was in on it as well. We’d been planning for weeks to go and it just so happened to be like a 1,000 degrees the day we went! Thankfully we lathered on the sunscreen and put on our most comfortable ensembles; we were prepared for anything.
When we arrived we quickly entered into an alternative universe – a world full of huzaas, bulging breasts and giant turkey legs for lunch. I was pretty excited to see what kind of jewels, gems, and amulets awaited me at the faire. Though I did not leave with anything, there was plenty which inspired me. I particularly enjoyed the crowns made of feathers, fur tails and the bird feather bib necklace. I spy a DIY project! There was also some great metal necklaces that I would’ve bought had they been made in gold. Oh yeah, lets not forget my magical geodes.
Who worked it at the Ren Faire? Aside from Natalie and I, here are the girls who were dressed to impress. You’ve got a classic American Apparel dress, an awesome bold print, and a top made of steel.
photo via Jak & Jil
I support animal rights but when you begin ripping the sleeves off Balenciaga dresses that is where I draw the line! Accounts of the the aforementioned incident are as such: a crazed PETA protester lunged at Carine Roitfeld outside of Jean Paul Gaultier and ripped the sleeve off her dress. Apparently PETA was rather bothered by the lilac goat hair coat Carine was seen sporting this weekend and felt that she needed to learn a lesson. In proper Carine style she replied to the media’s coverage by saying “I am a fashion martyr now.”
As promised, here are some photos from my trip to San Francisco. My boyfriend and I were invited to spend the new year with my sister and her fiance in their new home outside the city. Of course we were in SF every day, either shopping or having vegetarian delights! Here are some of my favorite images:
Top to Bottom:
1. Vintage Gucci & Louis Vuitton line the front cases in this resale vintage store called Static [on Haight]. They had a meanie shop girl, who got mad at me when I snapped this photo and acted like a real jerk! I will try to forget her bad attitude as they have some great clothes, shoes and bags.
2. Isn’t that an amazing sheep’s wool jacket? It was in the window of a Goodwill, which I spotted while in the front seat of my sister’s car. I thought, how could that still be there? We parked, I went inside and looked at the price tag – $55! No thank you Goodwill.
3. My boyfriend models his Cheap Monday skinny jeans while contemplating some vintage moccasins. I wish he had got them.
4. I have no idea who this girl is, but she had my kind of attitude! When we stopped for the countdown to New Years we saw her with some friends and she was amazing. I loved her outfit which was equally matched by an amazing personality. We counted down from 10 for about a half hour! 10-9-8-7 over and over.
5. Gianco Ferre vintage at Wasteland. $125 and not in my shopping bag, though I really loved it.
6. Alexis Bittar, how do I love thee! This was on display at the de Young Museum. From my knowledge of his jewelry, this is from his Ms. Havisham collection for sure. D-I-E
You might of heard that Lindsay Lohan was flour bombed this weekend in France. But maybe you didn’t see it, watch clip.
Leave it to Carine Roitfeld to put the F U in Fur in the August issue of VOGUE Paris. Model Raquel Zimmermann, styled by Roitfeld, is seen getting into all sorts of trouble draped in this Fall’s must have furs. Whether she is hitting an activist with her purse or simply saying fuck you with her finger, she looks as if she could care less about what PETA has to say. Apparently so does Carine, as she will undoubtedly be added to their hit list.
Whether you are a fur lover, a paint thrower, or simply indifferent, you have to give it up to a magazine that can have a sense of humor. If you don’t agree, maybe you can appreciate the great photography of Mario Testino as he shot these fur filled pages. Either way, this is one of the reasons Carine Roitfeld and Paris Vogue are tops on my style radar.
See all the photos, behind the break (warning: contains nudity)